- 'Why I Love Photography': a week of events at HOST
7 June - 10 June
Monday 7 June, 3-6pm
A photographic tea time with plenty of cake and Nilus Izadi's magical camera obscura installation which uses the gallery space as photographic device. Visitors/ photographers are welcome to donate a small photograph of their choice no larger than 6x9'' to the photodebut group exhibition: WHY I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY which will be installed impromptu as and when the photographs are being delivered.
Tuesday 8 June, 10am-2pm
The exhibition WHY I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY is open. Prints are for sale straight from the wall for £10 until Thursday night's book launch party.
Wednesday 9 June, 4-6pm
Meet the collectives: photodebut invited a handful of exciting and most varied photographic collectives for an informative debate. This event will be chaired by Yasmina Reggad, Director and Curator of Photo-Festivals / Foto-Festivals.
Thursday 10 June, 2pm
Photodebut talks: members and their collaborators talk about various aspects of the photographic industry (this event is mainly for emerging photographers, however anyone is invited). Speakers will include (order of talks tbc):
- Afshin Dehkordi: fine art and editorial photography - pitfalls and perils, benefits and bonuses.
- Alys Tomlinson: making a living as a photographer - art vs commerce
- Gael Roussel: from photolover to creative director - an adventurous journey through commercial photography
- Helen James: reflecting on the photographic landscape - how photography has changed over the last decade as emerging photographers have found innovative ways to push their visuals into view beyond the photographic art establishment.
- Jan von Holleben: the playful photographer - a very serious and essential business
- Michelle Sank: about her beginnings in photography and the career that came with it
Thursday 10 June, 7pm
Photodebut, a case study: big book launch, free bar and party with all photodebut members and their friends, clients and collaborators. The luxurious-linen-bound-hardcover-book will be for sale for £10.
All events are free of charge / donations are warmly welcomed to cover costs.
1-5 Honduras Street
Unless stated otherwise, all Foto8 events are held at
1 Honduras Street, London, EC1Y 0TH.
EventList powered by schlu.net